A Huey Magoo’s Corporate Trainer is the foremost representative of success for the brand.
Proficient in various forms of training platforms (online, in store, in communications) and consistent in the brands message that is delivered. The company trainer is challenged with taking an instrumental lead on new restaurant training classes at the corporate flagship store with our newest brand partners, supporting existing restaurant locations in consistent execution of brand standards and the opening of new locations. In addition, always seeking to provide training and development opportunities for team members at our corporate location.
A Huey Magoo’s trainer is pro-active, involved, present, organized, energetic and a great listener. Leading each day’s agenda to a positive outcome. Self-driven with the ability to connect with people, as people and communicate effortlessly. Our trainers are “students of the industry,” and are always seeking FOH and BOH operational trends that drive excellence and produce bottom line results. A trainer also works in cross departmental efforts with our operations team from time to time to maintain consistent communication from the corporate team to our operating locations.
This top profile, face-forward and exciting position demands a handcrafted fusion of professional acumen, organization, teaching skills, and creativity. This candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to introduce and operate predefined processes. A sense of urgency is critical to success.
- Educate, train, develop and inspire team members within the Huey Magoo’s brand.
- Be the face of training for the company. Representing the department, the brand and yourself.
- Apply the most relevant teaching techniques to people individually. Use effective learning theories and principles and creativity to create engagement for all training sessions.
- Implement all current and future training content at new restaurant openings, occasionally acting as the lead coordinator of onsite training during new restaurant openings.
- Consults on email and verbal communication about training initiatives with brand partners and team members.
- Maintain a training calendar and execute initiatives driven from the training department.
- Create, revise, and monitor new hire onboarding training for new brand partners and corporate location managers. Inclusive of feedback protocols and onsite checkpoints and evaluations.
- Provide input and information to the Operations Department that has the intent of operational excellence, guest experience and franchise-level profitability.
- Engages in the design and development of training material for courses, programs, initiatives or rollout of new or revised documentation.
- Conduct evaluations and assessments to analyze current training methods for future program development.
- Identify Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) training needs and work with Director of Operations to initiate their development.
- In concert with the Director of Training, work toward an influential strategy for the creation and maintenance of training standards for both the department and Huey Magoo’s.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform all job responsibilities and accountabilities. The items listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment, aptitude to overcome barriers, multitask, accomplish tasks by the established deadline and within a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to use company-endorsed project management tools and processes to effectively deliver on company objectives and initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years’ experience directly related to training, education, culinary, hospitality or related fields preferred. Combination of education, certifications and / or experience will be considered.
- Experience in franchising a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with online ordering systems administration necessary; will be expected to utilize online resource while providing training onsite.
- Experience with managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously required.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
Mainly based out of the Lake Mary corporate location, travel requirements will consist of domestic travel for several days at a time during new restaurant openings when involved. Consisting of no less than 10 days at a time and potentially multiple times per month as the brand continues to grow.
- Be Kind!
- Keep the brand culture, vision, principles and beliefs first.
- Follow company policies.
- Create structure to complete work at maximum efficiency. Sit, think, plan, execute.
- Perform duties in a timely manner, deliver.
- Build and nurture favorable business relationships with peers, brand partners, corporate store team members and vendors to promote a cooperative harmonious working environment. Be a Servant Leader at all times.
- Relate information in an understandable delivery to peers, superiors, and outside contacts.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of all business matters pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Takes prompt action to resolve problems or barriers and suggests alternative solutions or actions when necessary.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with information within the department.
- Creates periodic action plans to improve efficiency, productivity and financial performance.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Training.
- Cell phone reimbursement of $125 monthly
- Windows Surface Pro
- Aggressive Bonus structure
- Travel rewards for personal use
- Huey Magoo’s swag and gear
- Provided AD&D
- Re-imbursements for TSA precheck fees
- 80 Hours of Vacation accruing daily
- Corporate Discounts
- Per Diems while in the field
- Reimbursable professional certifications
- Competitive Salary with growth opportunities in a growing company